Sunday, April 28, 2019

Frank Steffen Ancestorversary

Happy 144th Birthday, Frank William Steffen!

Frank William Steffen was born in New Vienna, Dubuque County, Iowa on Wednesday, April 28th, 1875 to Theodore Steffen and Maria Katherina Bohnenkamp.

He married Josephine Schulte on Tuesday, February 13, 1906.

Frank and Josephine had several children, including my grandmother, Mathilda ("Tillie") Catherine Steffen.

I never knew Frank and Josephine, because they had passed on years before I was born. However, I was very fortunate to have Grandma "Tillie" in my life for 25 years.

Since my grandmother was a good, loving, hard-working woman, I think it is safe to assume that she learned these good values from her parents.

I wish I had photos to share of Frank and Josephine, however I haven't found any yet of them.

The photo below is of their daughter (and my maternal grandmother).

Gerald Pearce & Mathilda (Tillie) Steffen

Source:  https://www.familysearch.org
                http://www.searchforancestors.com Perpetual Calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment